When an Agrace spiritual & grief counselor visits, here are a few ways they can help:
- Listen to your feelings and experiences related to your illness.
- Talk with you about spiritual or religious questions and beliefs.
- Offer rituals, blessings and prayers, from a spiritual, religious or humanist perspective.
- Connect you and your family with your faith community or spiritual leader.
To support the families of our hospice patients, we can also:
- Offer spiritual and emotional support while the patient is actively dying.
- Lead a memorial service for the patient, if we are asked and are available.
- Offer grief support, without cost, for a year after the death, including phone calls, short-term 1:1 support, mailings of helpful resources and grief support groups.
Please also see what is offered through the Agrace Grief Support Center.