Spiritual support is for the person who’s on hospice, and also those who will survive them. Either may ask for a visit from an Agrace spiritual & grief counselor. Here’s how we help:
- We actively listen, to help you deal with feelings like sadness, regret, fear, loss, forgiveness, despair or anger.
- We can talk with you about spiritual or religious questions of belief.
- We can offer rituals, blessings and prayers from a spiritual, religious or humanist perspective.
- We can help you and your family connect with your faith community or spiritual leader.
- We can offer spiritual and emotional support to family members as a person is actively dying and in the difficult hours and days after the death.
- We lead memorial services for our patients, if we are asked and are available.
Agrace’s grief support for surviving family members lasts for a year after the death, and includes phone calls, individual counseling, mailings of helpful material and free grief support groups.