Rock County Capital Campaign
Construction is complete on the new Agrace Center for Hospice & Palliative Care! The 21,000-square-foot facility opened on July 1, 2014, at 2901 N. Wright Road in Janesville, and features 12 inpatient suites and offers hospice and palliative care services to patients throughout southern Wisconsin.
For more information about the Agrace Center for Hospice & Palliative Care in Janesville, call Jayme Roth at (608) 314-2923.
Sharing the Journey, Building the Memory is the name given to this capital campaign to build the new inpatient facility.
SHARING THE JOURNEY…
When a member of our community is in their final months of life, Agrace is there to share the end-of-life journey—with specialized, compassionate care and support. This journey is never easy, but when the patient is free from pain, with their emotional and spiritual issues addressed, families are able to build memories that can last a lifetime.
Agrace strives to ensure a high-quality experience for all residents of our community who turn to us for help facing a serious or life-limiting illness.
BUILDING THE MEMORY
To deliver exceptional care in and around Rock County, Agrace must have facilities that enable us to provide a range of nonprofit services locally—coordinating care for our patients and their families, training volunteers, and hosting grief support services and educational events.
The mission of Agrace’s Sharing the Journey, Building the Memory Capital Campaign is to build a facility that will accommodate all of Agrace’s existing services and add a new capability— providing short-term, acute medical care for our hospice patients.
Defining the Need
For more than 35 years, Agrace has brought comfort and dignity to patients and their families, and demand for our nonprofit services has grown steadily. Agrace outgrew its Rock County office space and started exploring options for a new location that would allow us to serve more people in this area—and serve them better.
Agrace addressed this need by building a 12-bed free-standing inpatient hospice facility and service center in Janesville, from which we now serve residents of Rock County and the surrounding region. Several factors drove our decision, including these:
- A growing need and demand for hospice services. Agrace has served 2,500 patients in the Rock County area alone over the last five years.
- The large number of aging baby boomers and a shortage in family caregivers—both of which create a greater need for professional home hospice care.
- The need for access to inpatient care to meet patients’ short-term, acute medical needs when pain and symptoms cannot be managed at home.
- The lack of any other inpatient hospice facility within 35 miles of Janesville.
Serving the Whole Community
In 2012, Agrace began a $6.5 million capital campaign to fund construction of a 21,000-square-foot inpatient hospice and service center located at 2901 N. Wright Road in Janesville.
The facility offers handicapped-accessible space that is comfortable for patients, families, hospice staff and community visitors, including:
- 12 inpatient hospice beds
- Kitchen service available for patients
- Family space for visitors
- Staff space for coordinating care of home hospice patients and other administrative activities
- Training and certification space for staff and volunteers
- Community rooms for grief support groups and educational presentations
Funding the Vision—a $6.5 million Goal
- Campaign goal: $6.5 million covers the entire project: construction and furnishing of the building and start-up and contingency costs.
- Progress to date: Over $6.3 million has been pledged to date.
- Project team: Agrace leaders, J.P. Cullen & Sons, Kahler Slater Architects, and Mike Huffman Facility Development.
Your Gifts Make a Difference
Building the Agrace inpatient facility in Rock County was made possible by incredible community-wide support. Your tax-deductible gifts are still needed to help us complete the campaign for this essential, nonprofit resource for people who are facing a life-limiting illness or grieving the loss of a loved one.
Donations of any size are appreciated and can be made in several ways: cash or credit card, pledges, matching gifts or via appreciated securities. Pledging a gift over a three- or five-year period may enable you to consider a higher giving level.
Recognizing our Supporters
All donors of $2,500 or more will be recognized in the Agrace inpatient facility. Many commemorative recognition and naming opportunities are still available in the building and on its grounds. Please call Jayme Roth for details at (608) 314-2923.
Click here to access the mail-in pledge form to pledge your gift to the Campaign over three-to-five years.
Pledge forms can be mailed to:
2901 N. Wright Road
Janesville, WI 53546